Thursday, September 21, 2006

Welcome to Detroit

Welcome to Detroit

Hey, this is Susanne, I started my internship mid August and would like to share my first experiences here in the States.
The first weeks have passed by very fast – I have been occupied with a lot of things, especially my car.
I moved into a really nice apartment in Royal Oak with the nicest roommates ever. Bianca helped me with the apartment – she drove by to look at the room and the potential roommates – thank you so much for doing that! You are the best!
The first couple of days I was driven around to apply for a social security number, etc.- basically everything every intern arriving in the States has to do - thanks Markus for doing that!
The more fun part was my first weekend. Rachele, one of my roommates, took me to the Detroit Zoo :) It was so much fun, even though my “sleep disorder” was pretty bad to start with.




For the first 5 days I kept waking up at 4 or 5 o’clock in the morning and wasn’t able to fall asleep again. Well, I guess every intern here has had to cope with this smaller issue ;)
Other activities included: find a car, much harder than I had imagined – I drove my roommate crazy with it.
I have also spent a weekend in Grand Rapids – my roommate went there to college and decided I should get to know the crazy crowd there.

I can only repeat once more: everybody has been really helpful and supporting, I am very happy to be here and to have the opportunity to experience all of this. I am sure I will be going back with loads of new skills and friends.

Susanne

3 Comments:

At September 21, 2006 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With your experience in looking for used cars you'll probably be able to find another job as a motor mechanic...call her Dr. S...:-)

 
At September 21, 2006 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you'll have a great time between the Great Lakes! :o) I bet you know how to make the best out of it.
If you need any tips for travels just let me know...
And just keep driving your roommates crazy! Show them how crazy Germans can be.
I wish you an awesome time in my second hometown and say hi to whole Royal Oak.

 
At September 24, 2006 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're off to a great start....we love having you here at AutoCom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home