Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Detroit,USA vs. Bocholt, Germany

There are already two and a half months over since I arrived here.

Thinking about my first months' impressions I'm asking " How do I realize day by day that I'm in Detroit, USA now and not in Bocholt, Germany?"

I found ten answers:

1.) You guys have "Drive-Trough ATM's" and you go by cars on cemeteries.

2.) Your cars are much bigger than German's. Especially your SUV's are as big as our buses:-)

3.) Your fast food meals here are cheaper than your "Fresh-food" in supermarkets!

4.) Every time you try to say the word "Eberspaecher"

5.) The most bars and clubs close at 2 a.m. and nobody is bothered. What do you do after you had to leave?

6.) The women's soccer teams are better than your men's teams. (I saw a lot boys almost breaking their legs while they tried to kick a ball.)

7.) In some parts of Detroit you get probably shot when you ask for a way at nights. In Bocholt, Germany, (my home town) people only know how to handle water guns!

8.) Most of older, enhanced cars have black drivers who probably invented the word "cool". My German friends drive races at Mc Donald's parking lots!

9.) Next time you're in a German city try to find "Downtown"

10.) You have these wonderfull re-fills in restaurants and bars!



I found also a lot similarities I may tell you next time...

By Markus

3 Comments:

At August 07, 2006 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We know how to pronouce Eberspaecher....but your spell check didn't catch some of the words in your post.

BTW.....our men's teams are in fact better than the women's teams.

 
At August 07, 2006 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice return...:-)

I hope you like my "Germlish"!!!

Your Eberspaecher pronunciation is truly getting better and better. But don't lose your American note!:-)

When is the contest?

Markus

 
At August 17, 2006 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Don,

you're in the Top Ten:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home