Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Soon it’s time to say good-bye

In one week my internship @ AutoCom will be done. I thought I will make a short summary about my 6 months in the States.

Yes, you could say I’m addicted to traveling around. :o) I love going on trips and see the country. So I took my friends on trips to Chicago, Toronto, the Upper Peninsula (Pictured Rocks), the Sleeping Bear Dunes and Traverse City, New York (well that was on my own) and the Silver Lake Dunes. I had a great time on all that trips with our so called DTG (Detroit Travel Group). :o)
But I still don’t have enough. I will fly to Atlanta right after my last working day and visit a friend there and drive with him to Miami. After that I will visit Savannah, Charleston and Myrtle Beach before I’m heading back to Germany.

Ok, so what did I like here? As I told everybody I’m not really looking forward to going back to Germany. So I won’t tell you what I like, just what I love! :o)
- I love Michigan in general. It’s a pretty State with all that beaches and the amazing nature, especially in the UP. I LOVE THE UP!! Maybe I will retire there!! :o)
- I found some really good friends here. Not only Germans, also Americans. (Cheers to Maggie, Jen and Shannon)
- I love the Michigan weather. It’s better than in Germany. Ok, it’s summertime :o)
- I love Royal Oak and going out there.
- Joining AutoCom events…I always had fun preparing and coordinating them. Well and to be honest, I will also miss the delicious food. :o)

I know that I will miss a lot of things when I’m back to Germany. For example Mama Dee making me an English Muffin to fight against my hangover. :o) I will miss sitting outside for lunch with Maggie, Shannon and Jen and having fun (I’m glad that laughing is healthy). I just got to know such a lot of you guys...Jen never goes somewhere without her sunglasses and Shannon loves to be taken for a "walk" by her dog! :o) Especially I will miss Maggie trying to find a way making me stay in the US. I don’t know which idea was the best one? Marry your brother, becoming an AuPair for your dog or becoming your daughter. :o) And I will miss the doggy bags for my lunch the next day, as well as the chocolate martinis!


But there is one thing I won't miss: MOSQUITOES!!! :o)

So I had a sick (like Shannon taught me some Hockey-player slang) time and will always have great memories thinking of Detroit!

But there are also some things I’m really looking forward to having them again in Germany... A real German “Bretzel” with butter, homemade “Spaetzle” from my grandma, my Golf 5 which is waiting for me to give him a ride on the Autobahn :o) and I’m looking forward to having a “Apfelsaftschorle”, that’s apple juice with sparkling water (or how some Americans call it “Apple juice with the funny bubbles” or “the apple flavored sprite”) :o)

Last but not least I want to say thank you to some people who made my time that awesome. There is Maggie who became my first American friend and always had a red bull in her purse when I was tired. ;o) Daniela who was working for ZF and became my best friend here. Alex who was my roommate and will be my best male friend ever. Jen and Shannon who always have to tell some funny stories about hockey or baseball teams. :o) And Larry for hiring me, so that I could have that great time.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU AND BYE BYE!!

Bianca

7 Comments:

At August 23, 2006 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...am I going to miss you!!! We had the best talks and you always have such great advice. Jen and I will be lost without our lunch buddy, who always has the greatest ideas for lunch!

Please keep in touch!!! Jen and I are coming to harrass you in Germany!!!

Love ya,

Shannon

 
At August 24, 2006 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness!!!! I am really going to miss my taller "little" sister! My office just won't be the same without you sitting next to me! I am so grateful that I wasa able to work with you and become close...you will be greatly missed by me and Brew!!!!

Love, Maggie

 
At August 28, 2006 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
Aber weisste was?! Wir... also ich... freu mich schon, dass wir uns hoffentlich bald mal wieder sehen. Hab viel Spaß bei deiner Reise und meld dich, wenn du wieder daheim bist. LG,
Ilka

PS: And "Hi" to the rest of the team members who still remember me!! =)

 
At August 29, 2006 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks all of you for your nice comments.

@Ilka: Klar, werd dann n Alex einpacken und mit ihm nen Roadtrip to Hannover machen. :o) Continue the party in northern Germany.
And I forgot to say a big big THANK YOU TO ILKA...for showing me arround the first days and helping me with my car and all that stuff.

@my AC girls: I hope you all will harass me in Germany...I still wanna know what's going on in your lifes. :o)

 
At August 30, 2006 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are coming to Fort Wayne to sit with me in the cold, cold rink and watch a few games! I demand it! Indiana is a really nice state...I hope...

 
At August 31, 2006 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to join you watching some games...if you introduce me to the nice hockey players afterwards.. :o)

I think you will enjoy Fort Wayne with your honey.

Wish you all the best for your new life there.

 
At September 03, 2006 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo sorry I missed personally saying goodbye to you on your last day at AutoCom!

You were a super addition to the AutoCom team...we loved having you here and as you can tell from all of the comments you've gotten on your farewell note, you will be sorely missed by everyone here.

Have a safe trip back to Germany and be sure to let us know how to reach you both by e-mail and "snail-mail."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home