Monday, July 10, 2006

Another New York traveller

Altough Lei has written some words about New York, I would like to tell about my impression of the "city that never sleeps". Maybe some are happy about that => the few people who can't speak Chineese ;o)

I really had a great time there. Yes, it is a huge city, but it's pretty easy to orientate yourself there. I just want to give you some tips what you can do there. My first tip is, not to make just the offered sightseeing tours. Take your time and walk around on your own. You will get so much impressions just from walking through the streets (all the different people, buildings, shops...).

Visit Central Park is a MUST. There are a lot of nice places and you can relax from the city.


I've been up on the top of Empire State Building and of Rockefeller Center. I would recommend to go on "The Top of the Rock". It's not that crowded as Empire State Building. And I think you have a better view. Especially a great view of Empire State Building.

The best tip I can give you is to make a boat trip. I did one with Circle Line. They leave at Pier 79 on the West Side of Manhatten. Take the 90 min. full harbor cruise. The $22 is worth doing that. You will have a great view of the Skyline, all the bridges and the Statue of Liberty.

I love New York City and would appreciate having the chance to go there again (although it's really expensive) or work and live there for a while. So plan to visit New York City during your time here.

By Bianca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home