Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Future Intern Mareike

My name is Mareike, I am 22 years old. I grew up in Leer, a city in the northern part of Germany, very close to the North Sea. Since 2004 I have been studying Media Science, Business Studies and German Literature in Bonn. After more than two years of living in Bonn, it has become a second home for me, but sometimes I still miss the sea, the daily tea-time and just the northern way of life. But Bonn and Cologne (only 20 min away) are really great cities. The best thing for students of course is the tradition of carnival.
A few days ago I left Bonn and my apartment-sharing community. Now I will stay at my parents house for the last few days and I already miss my two roommates and my friends.



My intership will begin in April and I am really excited. When I was 12 years old I visited the USA for the first time. My parents, my big brother and me traveld six weeks from west to east. Later I visited the USA twice on my own. Because my mom worked as a voluntary for an international student exchange program, we always had a lot of American students staying at our home. Now they have already started their own families but of course they had a little room for a German guest. So I stayed in St.Louis for four weeks in 2003 and five weeks in Atlanta in 2005. But I’ve never been to Detroit before.

Mareike.

7 Comments:

At March 08, 2007 11:33 AM, Blogger Letty Gonzalez said...

Mareike, it is good to hear from you! I am looking forward to April!
Nice photo, by the way.
Letty

 
At March 08, 2007 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mareike...thanks for your post. FYI...I grew up in St. Louis. There's also a connection between St. Louis and Detroit -- the baseball teams of those two cities played in last year's world series.

We're looking forward to seeing you in April.

 
At March 09, 2007 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mareike,

I promise you gonna have fun there.
Did you know that the president of the David Hasselhoff fan association Michigan works at AutoCom?!

Jan Krol is one of the biggest fans and knows the whole limbo dance song by heart!

 
At March 10, 2007 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

thanks a lot. I am also looking forward to April. But to be honest, I am in Bonn at the moment. It was really to boring at my parent's house:-). So I will stay the weekend in Bonn and enjoy my last days.

In April I think there will be another connection between St.Louis and Detroit: Me :-)

many greetings from germany...
mareike

 
At March 11, 2007 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Again....

Has Maggie, Bianca or Nicky been in touch with you yet? We're bringing a press group to Germany next week and I was wondering if you'd like to take part in some of the activities?

 
At March 13, 2007 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I don't think so. But I will write Nicky anyway to plan my arrival. So I will ask her.

 
At March 15, 2007 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mareike,

I look forward to your coming to AutoCom.

I have traveled in Ostfriesland, but I couldn't meet you then because you weren't born yet.

Jack Harned

 

Post a Comment

<< Home