Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hi autocom-blog readers,


another german intern is going to support the AutoCom team.

So far you only read about female german students working for autocom, am I the first male student?
Anyway I´m really excited to get to know the AutoCom team!!!

I'm 26 years old and live in Bocholt, which is about 70km away from Cologne. I did my last class exercises last monday and have no other university tests to take - lucky me!

Now I´m truly looking forward to travel to Detroit in order to start my internship. After my time with autocom I will start my diploma thesis to finish my studies successfully.
My preparations are running and I´m learning much about the U.S immigration system at the moment. Sometimes it is a little bit complicated to get all the papers and forms together. It’s quite a challenge for a European since we are used to travel without passport in Europe. But my internship is also about experiencing a new country and it’s culture, thus it’s thrilling to cope with these issues.

Fortunately the AutoCom team supports me outstandingly. Especially Bianca shows a lot of nerves to navigate me through all the barriers. Thus I’m sure, there will be no problem which we cannot solve - USA: I’m coming!

So far I´ve learned much about vacationing in the U.S but from May I´ll get in contact with the „real american way of life“. Should I be scared :-)?????

The time with AutoCom will be a great and valuable time. I am very looking forward to learn so many things and cannot wait to finally start my internship!

Sixty-one days left, sixty, fifty-nine...

by, Markus

8 Comments:

At March 20, 2006 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Markus...

All of us here at AutoCom are looking forward to having you join us in May.

I'm happy to know that Bianca and Xu Lei have been so helpful in guiding you through the visa application process.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with any of us if you need further help or have questions.

Larry W.

 
At March 20, 2006 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you in a pic~~~ Look forward to meet you in person!

 
At March 20, 2006 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh... i mean "look forward to meetING you".. a grammar mistake.. :)

 
At March 21, 2006 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Markus,

hope your preperation are going on well! And you know, if there are any questions...just write an e-mail! ;)

I think you will have a great time here. Especially you will be in Detroit during the whole summer! The AutoCom team is really nice and helpful and so the "start into the american business" is really easy!

Looking forward to seeing you...

 
At March 21, 2006 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Markus!
Looking forward to meeting you! Don't be scared, Detroit is a great place to be in the spring and summer! Lots of fun things to do!

See you soon!

Maggie

 
At April 06, 2006 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Markus. We understand that your visa et al has been approved.

We're looking forward to seeing you in Detroit in the near future.

Keep us posted on your travel plans!

 
At April 07, 2006 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Larry,

thank you!!!
(but only the DS-2019 certificate has been approved.)

I have to overcome the last obstacle at the 18th of April when I have to visit the american consulate with the DS-2019.

Hope to get the visa then!

Have a nice weekend.

Markus

 
At April 07, 2006 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe you will have no problem. Good Luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home