Friday, June 16, 2006

Candle in the Wind

To those who know her, Valerie Thurston (Muncy) passed away last Friday (June 9, 2006). She was found suffering from a rare lung disease, which makes her out of breath even walking from her desk to the back of the office. At a doctor's appointment in January, she was put into hospital right away.

Sitting next to me, she taught me a lot, and was like my second supervisor; At the beginning of my internship, both Julia and I had no car, she drove us back and forth from the university to work for a couple of weeks; She came to my home with her husband, Jake, for a game night, and every body had fun. She was such a nice person to work and hang out with!

I couldn't believe this until I attended her service today. I went to her wedding party at Jack's house when I first came here, and now when I am about to leave, I went to her funeral. It is just a shock to every one.

Sometimes life is like candle in the wind, for us who are living, we should live our lives!

Goodbye Valerie, we wish you all the best in the heaven.

By Lei

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home