Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My First Impressions

Nearly three weeks ago I arrived in Detroit. It's unbelievable how fast time goes by. I‘d like to tell you some of my first impressions I had during my first weeks outside the office and I‘d like to show you the places I have been.


Como’s Restaurant & Pizzeria
On my first week, Letty, Andrea, Lauren, Maggie, Paul and I went to Como’s Pizza for a welcome gathering. We ordered a big size pizza with pepperoni and meat, which tasted very good and I enjoyed this evening.












Gracie’s Underground
On Friday was a birthday party in Gracie’s Underground. After a long search for my house, Andrea and Lauren found me eventually and picked me up. Thanks for stamina! Letty and some of her friends were already there and we had a lot of fun together. I like the music (house) and the people there and I will certainly come back soon.


P.F. CHANG’S
Stephanie, my roommate, is not only very nice; she is also a very good cooker. But last week we were lazy and went to Somerset Mall in Troy. We ate “Mongolian Beef”, “Dan Dan Noodles” and as dessert the “Great Wall of Chocolate”, hmmm…delicious. After the meal we visited the shops and walked across the Skywalk over Big Beaver Road.












BBAC - Birmingham Bloomfield Art Center
The BBAC is a non-profit regional art center. Last Friday was an Arts Competition and Andrea, Letty and I went there to see all the beautiful work form the artists. We met Jack and his wife and they showed us the exhibition.









4 Comments:

At March 20, 2007 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nikki,

We are all glad you are off to a great start. Eileen and I enjoyed seeing you, Lettie and Andrea at the Birmingham-Bloomfield Art Center on Friday.

Jack Harned

 
At March 22, 2007 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,
sounds like you realy enjoy your time in the US!
And I can´t wait to be in Detroit...How long will you stay there? Maybe we´ll meet each other!
Silke

 
At March 22, 2007 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Silke,

yes, I enjoy my time here in Detroit. I'll be here until September 19th, 2007. So we won't see each other here but I can help you with all the staff for your visa, car, house, etc.

Nicky

 
At April 02, 2007 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nicky....

A great post....really enjoyed reading it. We love having you here. You're off to a marvelous start....no doubt about it!

Larry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home