Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The new girl at AutoCom

My Name is Nicky. I am a 22 year old girl from Stuttgart, a city in the south of Germany.
Prior to joining AutoCom, I trained in business and worked in human resources at Siemens AG in Stuttgart. Currently I am a student in media economics at the Media University (HdM) in Stuttgart-Vaihingen and this internship is part of my studies.

Nearly one week ago I arrived in Detroit. So I just want to tell you some of my experiences I had during my first days. After a long journey to the US, Paul picked me up from the airport and drove me to my new home in Oak Park. My roommate Stephanie was waiting for us when we arrived. We all went to a Spanish restaurant in Royal Oak together for dinner. The next day Paul drove me to a lot of offices where I applied for my social security number, car insurance, bank account etc. Thanks a lot Paul!
Now I’m at the office and I’m very excited for what will happen in the next few months, but I’m sure that I will have a great time here and I am going to learn a lot about PR and the American way of life.

Nicky.




7 Comments:

At March 08, 2007 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the name of the Spanish restaurant? Would you recommend it?

 
At March 09, 2007 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey new interns,

Did you try the new intern swimming pool?

I heard it is a blast!

 
At March 09, 2007 9:30 AM, Blogger Nicky said...

Yes, it is a cute restaurant in Royal Oak. Flamenco shows are held live every Thursday night and the food is pretty good.


SANGRIA
401 S. Lafayette Ave.
Royal Oak, Michigan, 48067

www.sangriaroyaloak.com

 
At March 09, 2007 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi "Swabian" girl! ;o)

I bet you'll have a great time here. And you're right, the Sangria in good old Royal Oak is really good. Have you tried their Sangria? They have it with red and white wine. A white Sangria was new to me (I have never seen that in Spain *g*), but it is really good, although there could be some more fruits in there.

I have another tip for you: Bahama Breeze in Troy. It's on Big Beaver, pretty easy to find. That was my favorite Restaurant. As everybody at AutoCom can tell you. Almost every week I had once a box from Bahama Breeze with leftovers. :)
I remember Don proposing to do a Franchising for them in Germany so I can have the food for free. :) I still love that idea!

Ok, if you need any other tip you know how to get in touch with me.

Have fun...

The other Swabian girl :)

 
At March 11, 2007 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like we're being taken over by Swabians.....clients and interns. Is there some sort of conspirary brewing here????

I've actually been to Sangria....but it thought it had been in Royal Oak for some time. Am I thinking of the same place?

 
At March 12, 2007 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care during your stay in Stuttgart. Maybe our guys will catch you......

 
At March 16, 2007 2:33 PM, Blogger Letty Gonzalez said...

I love Sangria. I have been there on Salsa nights (Thursdays)and it was a blast! I've never had their food but their spanish coffee was excellent!! MMMmmMm!
Maybe we can take Mareike there when she arrives.
Letty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home