Friday, March 31, 2006

Detroit Downtown and Henry Ford Museum

Last weekend I had my first "trip" to Detroit Downtown. We didn't take the interstate to get there but the Woodward Avenue, which goes through the suburbs of Detroit. That was amazing. My friends told me that we drove through the area where Eminem was growing up. And to be honest, I wouldn't like to get out of my car there. But it was good to see that so you know that there's not only the beautiful side of Detroit. And if you have crossed that area there's DOWNTWON! ;) And that looks great. And there are some really nice bars, as well as the Hard Rock Cafe. We took the people mover (www.thepeoplemover.com), which is driving in a circle through downtown. After that we were in the GM towers and walked along at the Detroit River and had a great few to the skyline of Windsor. And in the evening we had dinner in Greek Town. So I like Detroit Downtown, although or maybe just because, it's not like the other downtowns I've visited before. It has it's on flair. And I don't think that Detroit is a dangerous place. So you don't have to be worry about that.

And I also visited the Henry Ford Museum. And I recommend it to every future intern. There are all the cars of former presidents and a lot of other old cars and the history of the automtive branch. But there are also old planes (like the Fokker), machines, furniture and so on.

By Bianca

2 Comments:

At April 02, 2006 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post.....Detroit has lots to offer as you point out, but like every other major city -- Los Angeles, Paris, London, New York etc. -- there are locations within the city that you simply would not like to visit as well.

 
At April 12, 2006 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes that's right and that's why I'm not really afraid of Detroit. And every additional time I visit downtown I like it more...
And now with the spring coming I'm looking forward to go to the tigers stadium.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home