Tuesday, March 21, 2006

March 17, St. Patrick's Day

Last Friday on the 17th of march 2006 the Irish people had their huge celebrating day. It was St. Patrick's Day. I went to a bar with some of my friends just to see how it is celebrated, because we don't have that in Germany (or maybe in Berlin) but I have never seen that. It was great. Nearly everybody was wearing a green shirt, hat, pants or something else. And they offered green beer in the bars. So if you are in the US during that event you don't have to miss that. It's really fun. And if you have the possibility go to a city like New York, they have a big parade on that day, then go there. For example in Chicago they color their river in green (as you can see on the picture).

Have fun watching that celebration!

Bianca

3 Comments:

At March 21, 2006 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at a mall where a group of Scottish people dressed in kilts or other traditional dresses dancing and performing on a stage... sehr schoen~~ :)

 
At March 21, 2006 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had known that you celebrate the St.Patrick´s Day I´d have sent you my kilt.
You would have been a looker in it :-)

 
At March 21, 2006 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that would have been fun! Next time I will tell you...! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home