Friday, April 21, 2006

Visiting Washington

As Xu Lei wrote so well in this blog, Washington is a great city to visit, and well worth a trip for AutoCom interns.

I lived in Washington three times and enjoyed the area very much: once with the US Army, once working in the Capitol as press secretary for a U.S. Senator and once working in the General Motors Washington office.

Eileen and I enjoyed a fine visit to Washington early this month when the famous cherry blossoms were at their magnificent best. Here we are at the Jefferson Memorial; also a photo of the Washington Cathedral (often missed by tourists) with more spring blossoms.

Lei listed a lot of Washington’s attractions; I’ll be glad to tell more to interns who want to go there.

Jack Harned

2 Comments:

At April 21, 2006 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!!! Jack and Eileen were really really helpful to my trip! They gave me some maps, tips and history information about Washington D.C..They showed me their pictures in D.C. and a book about the attractions there, so before I went there, I had decided what I was going to do!!! They are absolutely good sources for trip tips!!!! ;)

 
At April 22, 2006 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! I've been to D.C. a number of times, but never was able to make it when the cherry trees were in blossom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home