Thursday, May 18, 2006

New York City Tour Guide


I am planning a trip to NYC during the Memorial Day. As usual, I consulted our dearest supervisor, Jack, who will never disappoint you and the following are the online resources from him. I'd like to share the infomation with you guys and save him some energy for Bianca's NYC trip in July and maybe Markus, Linda and Susanne's potential trip!! :)

www.nycvisit.com--- I like it most.. They have an events calendar, where you can check out what's going on during your stay... then you can also type in keywords. For example, when you key in "Free", a list of free tour and concerts will come up... A good way for students to save~~~~

www.nyc.com I get broadway info from here~~~

www.metmuseum.org MET Museum info.. one of the three most famous museums in NY

www.theinsider.com/nyc/index.html I get a list of top attractions from there...
Http://travel2.nytimes.com/top/features/travel/destinations/unitedstates/newyork/newyorkcity/sight_listings.html a place to get an overview and the history of some sights...

www.jimsdeli.com Great sites look alike~~~

www.officialsite.com/index.asp?RegionId=45&CategoryId=38 I feel overwhelmed with great stuff to do when I come to this one

www.letsgo.com/destinations/north_america/nyc/ Not only good for NY~

www.bigapplegreeter.org/ An interesting local blog~~

After all these, I get so excited that I wanna go right now~~~~~~~~~

By Lei

10 Comments:

At May 19, 2006 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work Lei!

Lots of interesting information!

 
At May 19, 2006 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lei,

that's great! Thanks~~~!!! I have been to some of these websites before your blog and I just can second what you said.

I also can't wait going there. Just about one month left! :)

Have lots of fun there and take a lot of nice pictures!

Bianca~~

 
At May 21, 2006 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody should forward this to Ken Levy....who lives in New York! I bet he would have some great ideas.

 
At May 21, 2006 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea, Larry~~~~~~~~ Thanks...

 
At May 23, 2006 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lei,
thanks for the detailed information! I´m sure I´ll make use of them...! :)

I´m looking forward seeing you and the others in about three weeks..!

 
At May 23, 2006 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all right here waiting for you~~~~

By the time you arrive, the weather would be really nice, and the U.S. Independence Day is not far away, which you might take advantage of for travelling~~~

 
At May 26, 2006 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
here's another insider tip from somebody who tasted the Big Apple: I was in NYC last November and stayed at the Chelsea Star Hostel (http://starhotelny.com/index.php). It's located right in the heart of Manhattan so you can walk to Broadway, 42nd Street, Hudson River, etc. I paid about $35 for a night in a dorm room and it was really worth it. The house is clean, quiet (for that location), friendly. As for sightseeing recommendations: Walk, walk, walk, so you'll see most.
MOMA is FOR FREE fridays after 5pm. Even though you'll have to wait in a pretty long line it's worth every minute waiting.
The Circle Line tour (it's by boat) is interesting as well and gives you many opportunities to take good pics.
I would also recommend a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge - you'll have a fabulous view on Manhattan.
You can also get city pass, which allows you to visit 6(?) sights for $49. The tourist information (located at the Rockefeller Centre, I think) can give you more information about the City pass.
That's it for now - enjoy your trip!! =)

 
At May 31, 2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lei,
thanks for the info :) I definitely would like to visit New York, as I have only been to California (LA, San Francisco) during my High-School year.

 
At June 01, 2006 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ilka, nice to hear from you~~~~~ You are right.. In New York,it is all about walk, walk and walk.. I felt my ankle was broken from that..... :)

Susanne, I am going to San Fransisco in July...... Any recommendations? :)

 
At June 06, 2006 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kaatje, so nice to hear from you! If I remembered correctly, you are doing another internship in the states, right?

I will try the Jamba Juice smoothies.. but for the "Highway 01", I am afraid I will have to do it next time~~~ :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home