Thursday, May 04, 2006

SAE World Congress 2006

From April 3 till April 6 there was the SAE World Congress in Detroit. A lot of AutoCom Clients attended this congress and so there were also a lot of exciting things for me and Lei to do. SAE is the shortcut for "Society of Automotive Engineers".

During SAE AutoCom supported some press conferences of clients and also organized a dinner for media and for clients.

Tuesday April 4th: SAE Media Dinner
On the second day of SAE AutoCom organized a big dinner for media and clients at the Coach Insignia, a great restaurant at the top of the GM Towers. And as Ilka said in her post about the International Autoshow, how great the view up there is, I won’t repeat all of that ... I don't want you getting bored. ;) I just second Ilkas recommendation to visit this restaurant. It’s really amazing and the food is also amazing, you’ll wish to have dinner there every day… =) And although it was not that good weather we had a great sunset.
After a short reception we had dinner. As it was my first time attending such an event, nearly everything was exciting. All the preparation you have to think about and so on. I can say that I’ve learned a lot during that time. And another good thing on that was that you had the chance to talk to different clients and media people…so you have a face of the persons you always are talking on the phone or by email. I think it’s nice to know them in person.
Although it was a long, hard and stressful day, I appreciate that I had the chance to attend the dinner.

Press confrences:
Lei will wirte about the Behr press conference in another post ... I think she has to tell some interessting things. I attended the MANN+HUMMEL and the Hella press conference, but I think one report is enough ... thank you Lei! ;)




By Bianca

3 Comments:

At May 12, 2006 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice report, Bianca. You and Xu Lei did a super job during SAE. Lots going on, so it was understandably stressful, but hopefully a great learning experience as well.

 
At May 17, 2006 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, for me it was a great time. I've learned a lot and I also got to know to lots of people. I enjoyed it...

Bianca~~

 
At May 18, 2006 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bianca, did you say I HAVE TO write sth interesting??? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home